Why You Can't Connect Your YouTube Channel To Gab TV
Jun 09, 2021
563 views

Creator of HYDRA, Gab TV, Gab Trends, Dissenter.com, and videos that wake up sleeping babies.

And also why there is no tool to automatically copy videos from other platforms to Gab TV. TL;DR: We don't want them.

ERIC CLAPTON QUESTIONS THE VACCINE AND THE BULLSHIT COMING FROM BORIS EXCLUSIVE & UNCENSORED PART 1
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM NOW WAKE THE WORLD UP TO THIS NONSENSE THE SENATE
    Catholic — News Report — AG Threatens AZ Audit
    Coaches Corner ep. 1 - Bootsy Greenwood interview for #getcoached
    The Nature of God - Characteristics of His Nature - God is free
    Biden's MIlitary Literally DILATES For Your FREEDOMS
    POLICE BULLYING THE WORKING CLASS KNOW YOUR COMMON LAW!
    Bootsy Greenwood talks LIFE
    As a man Thinketh full audiobook narrated by Bootsy Greenwood
    Transurfing Ch 8 "Slides" Breakdown
  • I plan on using YouTube to promote my videos I publish here. By making videos that say I cant say what I want on YouTube, click the link below to see a unrestricted version.

• I have a large "backlog" of content created over 10 years on YouTube that I'm bringing over, so naturally that will still have YT sensibilities. But my goal is to shift over the course of 2021 to Gab-first, other platforms second. It just takes time. I appreciate what you're doing.

• Keep Gab original :)

• You're absolutely right about mirroring YouTube guaranteeing that the Gab content will still be YouTube censored. But here's something you could and should do:

Do it the other way around. Provide /uploaders/ to other platforms. You can use Mozilla DeepSpeech to automatically generate subtitles, and from that, determine if it's likely to violate the ToS of each site. A worker could do this in the background, providing the uploading, and if it determines (after processing) that it is likely to violate a site's ToS, it can e-mail them. Give them the 'upload anyway' option, have it upload a shortened 'lead them to Gab' video this is the big reason to do it, or don't upload at all. Bonus, you get subtitles you can use to help with the recommendation system, and closed captioning.

This guarantees it's posted "Gab first", the Gab channel will be guaranteed to be the least censored, and it makes Gab the base station for all of their video upload work. You could provide superior upload tools to those on the sites. This gets people into your ecosystem /fully/.

(Obviously you'd need to actually do proper due diligence on protecting credentials with this approach. (I was shocked to learn Gab was storing OAuth2 bearer tokens directly instead of hashed, for instance.) But, this could do wonders.)

God bless.

James

• As much as I admire the Gab team for what they're building, I think this is the wrong approach. You want Gab to be a platform for speech, not only just conspiracy theories. Right? In the same way, why shouldn't Gab TV be a great platform for video, and not just a niche platform for videos that can only be on Gab? I want Gab to succeed wildly, and I don't think this is the way to get there.

• It totally makes sense. Keep it up!

• Thanks for the high compliments and the great explanation. It makes sense and I'll be thinking on this.